ABOUT THE ROLE
1. NATURE & SCOPE
The position is “Finance Director” based in Phuket, Thailand. The Finance Director directly reports to
the General Manager and the Chairman of the Group.
2. JOB PURPOSE
The Finance Director directly manages the local Accounting Team (5 people), including the Accounting
Manager and Financial Controller, looking after the existing operations spread across Marina Services,
Sales & Leasing, F&B, and MICE & Events.
The Finance Director is an important member of the senior management team and helps the
organization’s decision-making process through financial analysis and reporting.
The Finance Director will also need to establish enhanced controls and procedures to account and
manage the finances of any new upcoming investment projects.
3. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Finance Director is the leader of the finance team, which performs below duties:
• Day-to-day accounting. Oversee the Group’s internal controls and procedures and ensure they
are fully implemented, and the accounts properly reflect each transaction.
• Analyze the monthly and annual performance of the company and provide detailed operational
and consolidated reports with commentary to the respective departments, the General
Manager, and the Board of Directors, which provide insight into the underlying drivers of the
performance and provide opportunities to improve the organization’s performance.
• Meet with Operational Department Heads to run through their performance to fully understand
the dynamics of each division, and ensure each Department Head fully understands the details
of their performance.
• Participate and prepare the papers for the monthly Executive Meetings, monthly Finance
Meetings and annual Family Trustee Meetings.
• Manages the cashflows of the Group including preparing monthly 6-month cashflow forecasts.
• Prepare and report on individual and department KPIs to measure the performance according to
the goals and budget. Prepare a performance assessment report of all operational departments
and make payment according to the KPIs’ conditions.
• Prepare and set the yearly budgets for all individual departments and consolidate them into the
overall consolidated Annual Group Budget.
• Hold weekly debt collection meetings with the operations department to follow up on payments
of each customer in accordance with the payment terms and remain aware of non-performing
customers that may default in the future.
• Prepare feasibility studies for all capital projects to assess the financial viability of proposed
• Manages the annual audit process in conjunction with the audit partners.
• Performs the Treasury role for the Group. This includes having a good relationship with the
• Review the monthly management accounts and the annual statutory financial statements to
ensure that they accurately reflect the financial performance of the organization.
• Prepare and submit all statutory taxation and reporting requirements. This will include
managing any tax audits, and minimizing the amount of tax paid.
• Tax planning for the Group to optimize the amount of tax paid. Consider restructuring the
organization to be in line with the changing conditions of current and future business
operations, to reduce the tax burden arising from related party transactions and intercompany
• The company may seek to raise an Investment Fund to finance new investment projects. The
Finance Director will be an integral part of this fundraising team with the General Manager and
the Chairman of the Group. The role will then require detailed reporting to the Investment
Committee of the Fund.
• Research the introduction of an updated accounting system and/or accounting processes to
streamline the daily accounting processes further and prepare the month-end accounts.
4. QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE (COMPETENCIES REQUIRED)
• Thai, or expatriate that has worked in Thailand for over 10 years
• Stable work history
• Strong communicator, both written and verbal in English
• Excellent Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint Skills
• Preferable experience required:
▪ Corporate finance & advise
▪ Transaction services
▪ Hospitality industry
▪ Mature and calm
Salary:- In line with industry standards.
Think you fit the bill?
UK Company number:
Private Limited by Shares
Executive Head Hunters
A truly trusted niche recruitment company in the UK, Asia and Worldwide